48 hours to go


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 8th 2019
Published: September 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our trip has come together. First, we discovered that we had enough points through our credit card company to pay for the airline tickets AND a car rental. Then, we found Larry through trustedhousesitters.com...he arrived yesterday, and so far, he and the dogs like each other. Bill has magnificently gotten household things organized...and our laptop loaded so that either of us can continue to work, as needed!!

I've got thread and fabric to stitch if the scenery gets boring!! (as if...) We have written letters to our first two hosts: in Paris we will be with friends with whom we have stayed before, and they with us. We are still awaiting a reply from a SERVAS host in Rennes...whom we chose because of this description: "old typical house (mud built)." After all of our houses, we want to see mud built construction.

We will leave Monticello by bus Tuesday morning, to Port Authority in NYC, subway to JFK, and we are OFF!!

I will only post a few photos now and then on FB...mostly, I will be writing my observations and conversations, etc.

IF you would like to be removed from my emails, please let me know...no problem...email boxes do get filled up...

So, my next entry will no doubt be from Paris!!

Advertisement



9th September 2019

Hello
Hey Marie, the trip will be awesome. All the best to you and Bill. Xx

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb