Odyssey 2017 - Around the world


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 17th 2017
Published: December 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Paris will be the last stop on our 74-day journey around the world, which began on April 16th when we departed Daytona Beach for San Francisco; then on to Tokyo, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney (Australia), Singapore, New Delhi, Athens (including a 3-day cruise in the Aegean Sea), and Nice (on the French Riviera). We documented our exploits on another travel blog platform that regrettably ceased operations during the trip, so our "Paris Finale" appears on this site.

Our granddaughter Ashley joined us for a few days in Nice, and then accompanied us to Paris. It was her very first visit to the City of Light, and judging by the entries and photos that appear above, I think it's safe to conclude that she and Paris got along famously! Truth be told, we owe Ashley a debt of gratitude, because Dee and I experienced Paris in a new light on this trip---through her eyes. This was our ninth visit since 2001, but Ashley's enthusiasm and wide-eyed curiosity gave us a fresh perspective on the city that still ranks as our favorite place on the planet. Merci beaucoup, Ashley!

Mitchell & Dee Bitting, Daytona Beach, Florida

Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb