Drinking through France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Beaune
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MasonMasonMason

Around Lac des Settons
5th September
I am so so sorry we didn’t bring the camera when we went swimming so I didn’t get a picture of dads Speedos (haha) he looked like a dick. But I am thinking of getting him some for Christmas and I’ll get a photo then. Dad says he not go swimming in France ever again.
Lac des Settons was a big lake surrounded by bush. When we arrived at the Aries that we were staying at we had lunch, baguette with salami, tomato and lettuce yum. We headed down to find a beach to do school work and for a swim. I did my diary and then Dad and I did some maths. Blake shouted at mum and refused to do his school work which didn’t go down well with mum. I was the only one that went for a swim. Then we drove back to where we were staying for the night mason and I rode around the Aires and I managed to rip my toe open so I limped back to Hugo and showed dad he said something funny but rude, so mum said not to write it.

In the morning we got up and
MTBMTBMTB

The forest in Autun
went for a 15km bike ride and run around the lake. We were about quarter of the way round when some nice French Men offered mum a glass of wine - it was 9 o’clock in the morning. They were fishing - mum laughed and thanked them and kept running. The 15km turned into a half marathon because Dad took us the wrong way when I knew the right way. We ended up on the road then Dad’s knee started to hurt so I had to give him the bike and I ran. It was a great ride in the end, Mum ran all the way.
We all stayed in our dirty clothes and jumped into the lake. Had lunch on the side of the lake of baguette and salami again then we did school work.
After that we drove to Autun to another Aires by a lake. We made dinner. Mum made roast chicken with gravy which we mopped with baguette. It’s funny how mum and dad won’t let us eat white bread at home but here we have it every day. We went for a walk around the lake after dinner. Dad hobbled.

6th September
Today we
Blake Blake Blake

This is for you Cliff. He's got his riding outfit on that you bought him. And the money you gave him he bought gloves.
got to wander around town which was great because we haven’t done that in ages. We found a bar with Wi Fi and got to have petite chocolat. That afternoon we drove up the hill to the cross that was put there when Germany left after the WW2 in June 1945. We did school work up there.
7th September
This morning we got up and went for a MTB - mum and dad ran. We had to drive to the start of the ride - Dad took us one way but Mum wasn’t sure that he was going the right way. We ended up turning around and going the way Mum said - she was right. Dad’s not having a good map experience on this trip. Mum’s loving it. The MTB ride was very different to the other days. It was flat gravel roads, good for Blake but boring for us.
That afternoon we went to a football match between Autun and someone else. They were pretty good. Good sportsman. If there are injuries the other team gives the ball back to the opposition - this wouldn’t happen at home. We only watched one half and then we went and played on the other field.
Drove to Beaune in the afternoon - it’s beautiful. We got to go out for dessert. Crepes, waffles and apple pie. Stayed in another Aires.

8th September
Because we were getting smelly we thought we better find a campsite. Yeah!!! We spent the morning wandering around cobbled streets, kitchen shops which Mum loved and wine shops. Mum and I bought some cheese which we had to hide from everyone else. They don’t like cheese like we do. It was delicious with baguette. We also bought praline nougat. Oh my goodness it was beautiful.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb