In St Jean Pied de Port!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne
September 30th 2018
Published: September 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing 5 course Basque dinner, I'm amazed that we were able to make the walk. What an amazing meal (pictures to follow). Ruth decided this morning that she would rather ride with Pat than walk with us. Of course our feelings were greatly hurt and we didn't quite understand but decided to just let it go.

The walk today was truly one of the highlights of the trip! Perfect weather ... 13 at the start (brrr) ... but the sun came out and it was perfect. The scenery was stunning without all the dead corn and sun flowers but quaint little hamlets with perfectly maintained Basque homes (we learned that the Basque people tend to be more conscientious about the maintenance of their properties than the rest of France). The new addition was the grazing sheep. We had lunch in St Jean de Veau with a bunch of pilgrims ... a common occurrence on the Spanish Camino and something that hasn't happened in the last 30 days We arrived in St Jean Pied de Port in glorious sunshine and found Pat and Ruth waiting for us at the hotel We're going to dinner at a local restaurant but going to a pelote match to really immerse in the local culture. We leave for the airport at 7:30 tomorrow morning and away we go home.

Tif sez ...

It's time to come home when you start looking like your passport picture - and your grey roots start showing. This "ole grey mare just ain't what she used to be". But it's over now,, 450 miles. Some days you walk to the Camino Le Puy and some days it walks you. The only thing that sounds better than Frency people speaking is French people singing. Some singing pilgrims were a grand finale for our journey. Undoubtedly Tiffany enjoyed the trip the most but would she do it again? NO!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb