Time to get caught up


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne
September 13th 2018
Published: September 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I've had trouble charging the computer but that problem is resolved (I hope!)

These are the daily posts from Tiff ... I'll add some pictures in a separate post when I get them sorted.

The 9th

I still can't get over last night's accommodations which were like a palace. Bathroom even had a claw-foot tub for 2 (need I say more?) Today Pat's bladder (on her pack) sprung a leak and dripped down the back of her pants. We heard about it from other hikers in at least 4 different languages. She probably shouldn't have responded oui oui! Got lost finding tonight's hotel again but were helped by some real eye-candy policemen. Pat pleaded for them to arrest her (I really hope they don't understand English!)

The 10th

I had a hard time keeping up with Ruth today. I think she started training for her power walking in the Huntsman World Senior Games. Once we saw our destination, I was like the old stable horse back to the stable. The weather was very hot and we had to use our "Jesus breeze us" mantra often. The hike was like a metaphor for life ... lots of ups and downs with crossroads requiring tough decisions, getting off track, back on track and realizing you can always do more than you think. (Someone remind me of this tomorrow - another long day.

The 11th

We're not setting any speed records on the trail but today we actually passed someone! The seashell is the Camino symbol; ours should be a snail shell. But we always arrive in time for dinner and how amazing the meals have been. My photographer has been a little remis but managed to capture tonight's feast. (pictures to follow)

The 12th

Rich and Ruth took the transport to Bach. We arrived early and our marvelous innkeeper at Le Colombier de Bach took us to Saint Circ Lapopie for a short visit. This is an ancient village near Bach and we had a great time (pictures to follow). We returned to the inn and enjoyed a short time exploring the property until we decided to go and find Tiff and Pat. We walked 4km (about an hour) and found them and escorted them to the inn. Rich's foot is improving to the point where there was no problem ... may be walking for real soon (I hope!) Raymond then set to work preparing the feast or the evening. I even was able to have a cooking lesson for making a delicious rissotto. The rest of the menu included a pork loin with a tarragon sauce that was to die for, a cheese plate, and "volcano' dessert that was delicious. The meal included 3 wines from the region and great conversation with thee innkeepers and their friends from Belgium. This was truly the best stop of the Camino this far. Marsha is off in the morning by herself with Raymond transporting Rich, Pat and Ruth to Cahors.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb