France!!!!!!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday started at 9am. We borded the bus and everyone was so excited because today was rafting day! Our professor gave us motion sickness medicine cause there were a lot of sharp turns continously. After the bus took the medication, someone noticed one of the side effects was drowiness! Yeah, that knocked most of out or if we fought it, loopy. I slept for about an hour. It was some good stuff, but we all know it was probably for the best.



We went to lunch in a little French town called Saint Jean Pied de Port. It was such a cute little French town that I didn't want to leave! I also got to use my French for the first time and was surprised to learn that I could actually keep up with people and converse in French! We were in the middle of the mountains and the view was unforgetable.



At 12:30, the adventure began to rafting. We had to put on wet suits, special shoes, life jacket, and a helmet. (The helmet fit about as well as my band one...so I looked a little funny). We 4 boats: 3 with guides and another one for the more experienced. The more experienced boat was the "man boat" as the boys liked to call it. We waded down the rapids and floated in the boat. Our guide had us play a game where spun a in a circle and tried to jump and balance on the edge...we all ended up in the water. The first chance the guide had, he slid over and pushed me off! I was the first to fall in out of everyone, but it was all fun and games.

We went cliff diving!!! Nothing like Bella or Jacob diving! I jumped off of the 5 foot one first and then decided to try the 20 feet one! It was terrfying! I'm usually afraid of heights, but when you know the only way down is to jump...it's not the most comforting idea.

Our guide let us go down some of the dips backwards! It was fun cause we didn't see what was coming, so it was more adventurous. There are pictures of this experience, but one girl has the photos and she is waiting until everyone pays her so I will upload them after that.



After rafting, we went back to pick up the prof. He went on a hiking trail, so we had to go up this really narrow road in a charter bus. Finally, the bus decided he couldn't make it any further so we had to stop on the side of a mountain. He had us get out because he needed to back up and didn't all of the girls screaming. This bus driver was pro though so there was really no need to worry. We sat on the side of a mountain for about 30 minutes. Our bus driver talked to one car and got in and then went up the mountain. After that we were like well at least the view is pretty, but we may be here for a while cause the driver had the keys. (Like we could drive a bus) The bus driver found the prof and walked back down the mountain and we were on our way back to Pamplona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb