Saint Emillion


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Saint-Emilion
July 31st 2012
Published: December 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day in France we headed east from Bordeaux to the Saint Emillion area. We visited Chateau Canon in the morning, before heading into the town for lunch. Walked around this very old and beautiful town. Authentic, but with a touch of a touristy feel. Another excellent lunch at L'Enver du Decor outside in back courtyard. After lunch visited the local church before heading over to Chateau Figeac and then finally to Chateau Petit Village (a next door neigbour to Chateau Le Pin). Back to Bordeaux. Walked to the local shopping mall near the hotel. Shopping in the grocery store was a very different experience to what we have in North America for sure. Aisles and aisles of wine... a 10 euro meal that night. The most expensive item was 4 euro for the Comte cheese... drowned our sorrows as we packed to head home. Not too sad as we were anxious to see Sinclaire and we knew we would be back some day!

P.S. Got a last minute souvenir after our return - a 90 euro speeding ticket for Laura, 1 k over the limit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chateau FigeacChateau Figeac
Chateau Figeac

The family still lives in the chateau.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb