French Bars and Perrier


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Navarrenx
May 2nd 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am currently sat at a computer at what has become our local bar watching the interesting and amusing site of Ben struggling to hold a conversation with a drunk french local with a very strong basque accent - I think it is one of those moments where you need to be here but trust me the agony on Ben's face is wonderful - especially as the said Basque keeps on bursting into Spanish Folk songs at the drop on a hat... Even the barman has a pained expression.

But this is what has become of our lives - we have decided to "integrate" - a mission that if not carried out correctly could terminate with us being carried out of bars in serious drunken stupors.

Brits are still a bit of a rareity around here - especially those who want to talk french - the moment we raised our heads above the proverbial parapet we have been besieged with the cost of English housing, French taxation issues and the obligatory free drinks - hence I am sticking to Perrier.

Anyway off to rescue Ben otherwise I might be sleeping outside tonight! :o)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb