Last night in Cenac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Dordogne
May 17th 2012
Published: May 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have had a great week here in Cenac with our friends Geoff and Mon.

They are off to Scotland tomorrow and we are off to Paris.

We went for a drive yesterday and ended up driving around the French country side for about 6 hours. It was really pretty and some of the tiny little villages were very cute. We got lost a couple of times trying to take a few short cuts! Some of the roads were more like tracks.

We went to a place called Rockamadour, very impressive. The view from the castle on the hill was amazing. It was very high up, a little scary looking down.

It has been quite warm here, we have only had one day of rain and that was really light.

I don't think I mentioned that Graeme has had blocked ears ever since we flew over. We got some drops on Genoa and washed his ears out. They weren't getting better so decided he should see a doctor in Perigueux before we left. He asked the hotel manager to organize an appointment. Graeme wrote it down because he thought it would be easier for him to understand...... A couple of days later he realized that he had told the guy he had blocked eggs!!!!! No wonder the fellow looked at him strangely.

Anyway better go, it is time for champagne.

XxxxxS&G


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb