In the Dordogne Valley


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Dordogne
April 24th 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Paris we went to the Louvre. It is the biggest museum in the world, and one day wasn't enough. But one week wouldn't be enough time to see all there is to see. We concentrated on the Dutch and Flemish painters, and I especially liked the Art Nouveau collection.

Yesterday, we left Paris and took a five hour train to the Dordogne Valley. We're staying in a charming little hotel above the town of Sarlat.
Unfortunately, the network here is not good, so we won't be able to uipload any pictures for a few days. I can say that the area is beautiful - woodsy, with wisteria and other flowers in bloom, and the trees are light green with spring foliage.

In Paris, it was a gamble to enter a restaurant, and everything cost a fortune. Here at the Hotel Meysset, we have breakfast and dinner. Last night's meal was incredible - fish fillets with nuts, mushroom soup, and we even tried a small duck soup course. The wine in this area is a dark red - they call it vin noir (black wine).

Today we plan to visit the caves, and tomorrow is market day in Sarlat.
Hopefully, we can find a way to upload some pictures soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Hotel MeyssetHotel Meysset
Hotel Meysset

Gorgeous views, great food, lovely area


25th April 2009

Great post! Pls. also see useful information here. European Directory
25th April 2009

You Two Need Help ?
Randi and Ralph, I volunteer to carry your bags for you. But you'll buy some of that good French food and wine for me. Deal? (Dave)

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb