Riding the Waves


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After driving through the night, many coffee stops and a bit of a snooze we arrived near Bordeaux at about 9 ish. We decided to head to the coast to find a camp site. After going in to a couple to see the "Campsite Full" signs we got a bit worried and thought we might have to try some 2* sites (a bit sceptical after the last one being a rubbish 3* one). So we tryed one, it was nice and cheap and the pitches seemed nice enough there was a shop and a takeaway pizza place just outside (you don't need much more) (For the benefit of Sarah & Nathan it was called La Praise in Lacanau, look for Spar on the right).

Even though we were knackered, after setting up we went to check out the beach. There were a few to choose from but we went to the south beach mostly as we couldn't fit in the other car parks. The waves were great so couldn't wait to get down there (when we had some energy the following day).

Kez ended up being a man down after only a day of body boarding, she got some kind of burn that developed into a scab. So when she tried again with a rash vest on the scab got ripped off and there was blood everywhere, that was the end of that for her ( did get a trip to the lifeguard to get fixed up though. Ragz had great fun still though while a jealous kez watched.

As the weather was a bit rubbish on the 15th we headed for Bordeaux to see if much was happening there, didn't realise not much would be open as it was a national holiday though. Went on an old navy ship that has bee turned into a museum which was quite cool (now we know what our dads slept when they were younger).

We stayed there about a week then headed north to see what the waves were like.

Next blog soon

Ragz & Kez
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb