Bordeaux


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
June 16th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bordeaux - 1800's CarouselBordeaux - 1800's CarouselBordeaux - 1800's Carousel

Dad and I in front of a one of the world's oldest working carousels.
Onto Bordeaux. Perhaps the most famous wine region in the world. We got to one chateau at which we could taste one thimble of wine but it was enough to make me buy a bottle anyway. The tour through the cellars and winery got us so thirsty that the tasting was not enough so we needed to buy some wine to rehydrate. I am sure this was their marketing strategy. The city itself was fantastic and flat which was a welcome change to those pushing me around after Lisbon. Quite strangely, another claim to fame in Bordeaux is that they have the longest shopping street in the world which the girls loved (it took them 3.5 hrs to do half its length, compared to 45 mins for us guys to cover its full length, as there were not many pubs to be found!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Bordeaux - amazing fountainBordeaux - amazing fountain
Bordeaux - amazing fountain

This has to be the most amazing fountain I have ever come across. So much detail and work that the picture cannot do it justice!


4th January 2007

I love Bordeaux
It's wonderful to see your photo of the Bordeaux Carousel. I have a treasured photo of my two year old twins laughing on the same carousel many years ago. Some years later we returned with our year old baby and have another happy photo. But the best is taken on our"baby's" eleventh birthday who treated her fifteen year old twins for a ride to celebrate her special day. We hope to return this year to continue our collection! Thanks for the lovely surprise.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb