City of the Roads


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
July 13th 2005
Published: July 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

TübingenTübingenTübingen

Here I am in front of the charming German town, Tübingen.
Today we drove from Holzgerlingen, Germany to Strasbourg, France. We drove through the beautiful Black Forest, famous for cuckoo clocks and Hansel and Gretel.

Every February the small Catholic towns surrounding the Black Forest celebrates German Carnaval. The men in every town dress in traditional costumes and the women dress as witches to 'chase away the ghost of winter´. At the end of the festival a scarecrow is burned in the townsquare to symbolize the end of winter and the beginning of summer season. Because of the tradition, the Black Forest is commonly associated with witches--hence the creation of the famous fairytale: Hansel and Gretel!

In Strasbourg we visited the Alsace Historical Museaum, La Petit France, the famous Notre Dame cathedral, the European Parlament, the Council of Europe, and the European Court of Human Rights.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

La Petit FranceLa Petit France
La Petit France

The enchanting city of Strasbourg with its narrow streets, crisscrossed lanes, and canals has a fairy-tale feel.


13th July 2005

A Pleasant Surprise
Laura, What a pleasant surprise to travel with you to Munich. It is one of my favorite places to visit. I have only been there one time in person. Best wishes for a continued pleasant trip. I am green with envy since I will not be "on the road" much this summer.
15th July 2005

Back from Meteora and Delphi
Laura, que bom ver seu blog. Muito legal compartilhar seu passeio assim. Acabamos de chegar em Athens depois de 2 dias na estrada. Nosso passeio foi lindo. Adoraria conhecer os lugares que vc esta conhecendo agora. Muito amor de todos nos. Beijos.
17th July 2005

Hoooolaaa Lau!! I see you are having fun girl! Keep rolling around the world, and "frozzing" moments with your camera so i´ll be able to enjoy some of your trip. Are you with Vanda? If you are, say her I said hi... ci vediamo Besos
18th July 2005

Oh dear
your having a lot more fun that ur letting on to... considering the text messages u sent me
22nd July 2005

holaaa!
Hola Laura! How did u like Tübingen?? I lived in a city named Nürtingen, not far away from there. Pleeze take care of Vanda and show some more photos! cuidense! nos vemos! PEPI
26th July 2005

What a life !
Laura, sounds like you are having a most memorable trip. One that I would enjoy taking but with a bit more luxury tied to it, i.e. not backpacking. At least one can live vicariously thru your information. Please take care.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb