Arles via Macon to Itterswiller France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Molsheim
July 30th 2015
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We lucky with the weather. Today again we left with a beautiful blue sky. Also a Saturday and not that much traffic on the road. A very nice area we drive through. Lots of grapes everywhere. We are in the wine route what they call here Alsace. It is a romantic wine route. Stopping at a road restaurant we tried for an ice coffee, This is still France so to explain what we wanted was already a big job. But the girl said she understood and went of. After a while she came back with two black coffees with a block of ice dumped in it. That is their ice coffee. We stayed in a sort of farm, wine farm and were received by the owners with a glass of wine. A very nice welcome. A real pleasure to visit those little old towns with houses build in 1200 or 1400. So nice to sit there on a small terrace sipping on your coffee and watching the people passing by. The wine route is about 180 kilometres long but doing just 40 or 50 kilometres each side of where we were staying was enough to fill the days. On the way we had an amazing experience. After all the years we drove in Europe we finally saw a Deer running ac signs but finally across the road. We always laugh and say yes yes when we see the warning signs but finally it happened. We also had our first taste of Foi grass. You know, where the hold the duck or geese's head and shove it full of food so they get fatty liver, at least that is what we thought. But the Farmer rejected that story. Oh well Liz loved it but Allan not that much. Next stop was Ahrweiler that is in Germany. Driving into the old historic place Liz realised we were here before three years ago. But this time we stayed in the old town itself. We stayed in a beautiful room that had an outlook into the street and little square. You think you look at a picture book. We had a ride with the little tourist train to bad Neuen Ahr and spend the day there looking at this Kurort. People come here to bath to get better. The water seem to cure you. From here we go to the Mosel to a small place called Alf.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb