The Finnish Connection


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Uusimaa » Helsinki
August 7th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

21:48

We parrallel parked in the harbour around 09:00 this morning we had a still fustrating time trying to get breakfast...(american and Italians need manners LOL). We started at the City Highlight tour at 10:15. Helsinki is a very used lokking city but still beatuiful and full of old history. Our first stop was at the The major Lutheren Church in the city as well touring the open market near the Blatic sea. They sold a variety of fresh fruit and veggies and an amazing variety of little trinkets and handmade goods. Then we were off again to see more of the city on the way to the rock church we stopped at a park. They have hundred of parks(as well as over 100,000 lakes) in Helsinki full of old trees and places to picnic and walk. The rock church was finished being built in the 1960's and had the best acoustics in the city largely in part to the 22 km of copper wire coiled on the ceiling. Now we were headed back to the harbour and through more of the architechtually sound city. We arrived back on the boat 3 hours later with a new appreciation for one of Europe's largest Scandinavian countries.

Katt & Ian Out!


Advertisement



7th August 2009

sounds great
hope you take pics of everything...would love to see ...take care guys...peace and be safe chantal and karl

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb