Copenhagen, Denmark -- JUly 15 -- 18, 2011


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
August 7th 2011
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DSC07063DSC07063DSC07063

Just arrived in Copenhagen, our objective is the church steeple in the background
Copenhagen, Denmark --- July 15 – 18, 2011
We arrived in Copenhagen to be welcomed by a representative from Regent Seven Seas and a light drizzle. Since we could not get into our hotel room at that time we took off to begin our exploration of the city. One sight that is visible throughout the city is a tall church steeple with on outside spiralling staircase. Construction of the church began in the 1690’s and dragged out over a number of years thereafter. Half of the climb is within the bell tower with the upper half on the outside for a total of 398 steps up and the same number coming down. The calves on Mare’s legs were sore for the next 2 days. One oddity at the hotel 2 of the restaurants were closed because the staff were on vacation. Summer is tourist season and the time you would expect the restaurants to be busiest but then Europe does not do everything the way we do in North America. We made a reservation at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel for a dinner where they cook the meal before you. We have enjoyed these meals since the chef usally puts on a bit of a show. Well this was not the case our chef was the ultimate stoic and was not going to interact with the customers. Fortunately our dinner partners were 5 Americans who had just finished a job in Denmark and this was their last night before returning home. They were out for a good time with the result that there was lots of kidding and fun.
The next day Saturday was sunny with a light breeze, perfect conditions for lots of walking, a canal cruise, finding an outdoor restaurant, having a beer and later some wine and excellent food. On Sunday we had a bus tour of the city and then boarded our ship the ‘Seven Seas Voyager’.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Steps on the outsideSteps on the outside
Steps on the outside

These are the outside steps that we climbed.
House BoatHouse Boat
House Boat

A number of boats along the canals have been turned into homes.
Place to have a snackPlace to have a snack
Place to have a snack

After climbing the steeple we stoped here for a snack and a drink


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb