The Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten: Tasinge


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
June 25th 2011
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Between Funen and Langeland is a small island called Tasinge, which is connected with both island by bridge. When you come from Funen, one of the first places you can visit is called Troense. It's a very quiet and almost idyllic place, it's main attraction being the beautiful landscape.

A couple of kilometers further is a village called Bregninge. It has two point of interest. The first one is the church; actually it's not the building itself that is interesting, but its location. The church is on a high hill, where you have a beautiful view on Tasinge and Langeland. The second point of interest is opposite the church; it's a small museum that focuses on the tragic love story of Elvira Madigan and Sixten Sparre. She was a Danish circus girl, he a Swedish lieutenant, who left wife, children, career and fatherland. The two lovers roamed the Danish countryside for some time, until they they ran out of money. Out of despair Sixten shot his lover to death and then killed himself.

We were quite intrigued about the story and tried to find the place where they were buried. That didn't take long. We went to a smaller village, about 2 kilometers further, called Landet and went to the church. It's just a matter of following the signs on the churchyard and then you find them: the lovers buried together...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb