Skittleless Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
February 18th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to spend our week by making a mini road trip between Copenhagen, Gothenburg, and Stockholm. The thing that stuck out the most to me of the people in these cities was their friendliness. Peoples willingness and interest in conversing was unmatched to anywhere that I've ever been. Needless to say we had a blast at night. Besides the $12 beers we had no worries. Show up to the bar, order the aforementioned beer and soak in the scandinavian scene.
The car part of the road trip was fun as well. The usual getting lost and late night drives (of course the 5 hours of day light didn't help) was all part of the fun. We spent 2 days in Gothenburg just hanging out. This is where we first tried the delicious late night hot dog with that tasty sauce.
New Years in Copenhagen was like nothing I've ever seen. The night started off pretty normal. Bought a few bottles and showed up to a little private party that I was invited to by an old travel partner I had met in Israel. It was a small 2 bed room apartment packed with about 20 people who epitomized my perception
CopenhagenCopenhagenCopenhagen

The four of us
of Danes--blonde, beautiful, friendly, and drinking. In walk 4 hispanic guys who epitomize what Cuban-Americans look like---beard, cigars, a bottle of rum. At first it was a little awkward but then once the music got going we were good to go. The scene was something out a Saved by the Bell episode--the music, dancing style, outfits. It was a night of genuine good times. We laughed, drank, and danced into the late night.
Somewhere along the night we noticed a jar holding the last forth of a skittles bag. As we attempted to be "those guys" who eat the last ones we were informed that skittles are no longer sold in Denmark--discontinued if you will. The girls had icked up a few bags on their latest trip to New York and this was the tail end of their little bag of rainbows. Our parting gift to them was sending over a Costco sized box of skittles for their enjoyment.
This trip has motivated to spend each New Years in a new part of the world. See how they celebrate the New Year. Do they jump into it, literally, as the Danish do or do they have some other peculiar idea.
Road TripRoad TripRoad Trip

The midnight ride to Copenhagen




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Kristine and the foreignersKristine and the foreigners
Kristine and the foreigners

Kristen, my friend from Israel
CheersCheers
Cheers

Gaby and Carlos
TrumpetTrumpet
Trumpet

Ramon's anticlimactic trumpet playing
LimboLimbo
Limbo

Saved by the bell as i said
MeMe
Me

Me trying to be a photographer. Failed Miserably
Copenhagen ArchitectureCopenhagen Architecture
Copenhagen Architecture

Copenhagen Architecture


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb