Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
January 20th 2021
Published: January 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post

16th December 2020

Copenhagen

We met Heather at the Palace of Christiansborg - the reflections of the lights in the ancient buildings were quite spectacular. We passed through The Secret Garden between the Royal Library and the Christiansborg Parliament building.

It wasn’t long before we hopped onboard an electric boat for the short journey to Nyhavn. Copenhagen plans to become the first CO2-neutral city in the world by 2025.

Nyhavn (New Port) - was established by King Christian V in 1670-1673 as a gateway from the sea to the old inner city - and at that time the canal area reached right up to Kongens Nytorv (The Kings Square) where the ships unloaded and loaded their cargo - and the fishermen their daily catch. The trade and shipping activities around Nyhavn provided a strong growth of Copenhagen - and the many colourful houses and exclusive buildings surrounding the Nyhavn canal.

Sadly Copenhagen is now under a stricter lockdown until early January so all the usual Christmas markets were cancelled and restaurants along the nyhavn remained closed but it still was a magical tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement




Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb