White Christmas:D


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Vejle
December 25th 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SnowManSnowManSnowMan

Me, the Snowman, and Paco
Is this thing Working? i hope so, ive utterly failed at other modes of communication. Anyways its christmas time! and wow its pretty shitty! literally we just went out to clean the horses stable as their christmas gift:D Christmas is a really special time here in denmark, id even say that its more relished and celebrated then in the states. I think the reason is because seeing as november and december have the worst weather of the year and how the sun is down at about 330, the danes use christmas as a way to get out of the duldrums of winter. The xmas here is of course the same basic principal, but the way its celebrated and the thousands of traditions are totally different. and of course santa comes in wooden klogs. but alot of the traditions have to do with "hygge tid" or cozy time, and like most things in denmark the food is of paramount importance, we've got 2 geese in the oven now! (eating goose is classy.. right?) also the main celebration of xmas is on the 24th, which of course makes it a lot harder for santa to come down the chimny and deliver presents.. i think the end result is children stop believing in him alot earlier. another thing is we've got a white christmas! it snowed about half a meter a week ago and it just kind of stays because its always under 0. a nice change from the "one day of snow then instantly melted" policy we have in new mexico. but we've been enjoying the snow as much as we can with a lot of sledding and snowball fights. sadly denmark is way to flat to have any mountains.. the highest point is 171 meters above the level of the sea, and 169.2 meters above the level of the sean.. GET IT?! anyways i think ill let you guys (the family and the friends) know about this travel blog tommorow as a christmas present.. it might just make some peoples day, namely ama and chuck(jk chuck:P). and it also releives me of the responsability of sending anything home. haha just kidding family! post cards and what not are almost on the way! <-lol. SO. im happy to finally add "blogger" under my list of life achievements, and now that we are on break all of you can expect more entrys soon about all that ive been up to, and my daily life here in denmark!

I miss all of you back in New Mexico, its fun to have a different kind of christmas, but something seems missing without us being all together, and to not have michelle driving all of us d.u.i.the whole way to acoma.

merry christmas
glædelig jul


Advertisement



25th December 2009

lol- laugh out loud jk- just kidding :D-happy :P- sticking tounge out man:P

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb