Koge with the family


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland » Køge
August 26th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: trying my hand at calling sheep 20 secs
I showed up here in Denmark to wrap up my Europe trip with a bang. The proper Danish welcome is to lose your lugagge I guess, so I was greeted properly and Courtney, Shelby and I headed for Koge. Koge is a tiny town just south of Copenhagen where Simon, Courtney and now Shelby Chercka live. Shelby is their new 2 month old so this week is going to be a great experience for me so live with a tiny baby. She has been so sweet and even smiles when I hold her, well for a little bit.

The Cherckas live in the Billesborg "estate" which is a school/church/their home. Courtney teaches english and Simon is going to Grad. school in Copenhagen. Shelby really likes to spend her days looking at things, eating, sleeping and other baby stuff. Their home is in the upstairs of the school and it is on a beautiful piece of property.

Koge is on the bay and we took a drive so see what Koge is all about. It is a pretty little town and I have enjoyed driving around and seeing the country. They have a beach road that winds it's way along side the bay and you can see everyone's summer home and their docks on their private beaches. We are headed into Copenhagen tomorrow so I am excited to see the hippy town, learn about Danish history and most of all see all the boats and canals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Danish babiesDanish babies
Danish babies

Parents leave their babies outside while they shop and eat.....
Shelby's new bookShelby's new book
Shelby's new book

Shelby thanks you Kim


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 99; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb