The Beautiful City of Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As soon as we arrived in Copenhagen we knew it was going to be a beautiful city. Everywhere was spotless and quiet – hardly any cars just bikes (cycling not motorbikes) on the road. Hundreds parked outside the train station.



Walked to our hostel from the train station and it was so easy to find – even for us!! We booked into Dan Hostel (along with everyone else staying in Copenhagen) – it claims to be the biggest hostel in the world – or Europe – or something like that?? Its flipping big anyway! 16 stories high! Checked in and had a walk around the city which was so easy to navigate compared to Brussels – First things first - straight for Danish Pastry which was yum!! The main shopping street is the longest shopping street in Europe – or the world – or something like that?? Lol And again so many amazing shops (inc Legoland – Phil made me write that).



Second day we went on a Segway tour which was awesome – oh my goodness the most fun thing ive ever done in sooo long! We were lucky again – we got an extra hour for free!



After the tour we headed over the bridge to Christianshavn to The Church of Our Saviour (Vor Frelser Kirke) and walked up (well Phil actually crawled) to the very top of the steeple on the outside. The views over the city were amazing!! We then ventured into the “Green Light District” a.k.a Christiana where basically anything goes – you wouldn’t believe a place like this existed. Hippies took over a military base (and pay no taxes) and are able to smoke weed freely – one of the highlights of Copenhagen. The only three rules are:

1. Dont take photos

2. No sudden movements

3. No hard drugs allowed

We broke all three - Haha just joking mum!!



Another thing about Copenhagen is you’re allowed to drink on the streets so we put this to the test and pitched ourselves up in a lovely area over looking one of the many canals.



Last full day just went for another walk about and had our lunch infront of the town hall. Spent a few hours walking about - on a mission to find glue and scissors for a patch repair on my backpack - mission accomplished! Then headed to Tivoli an amusement park right in the centre - it was so beautiful inside and we tried a few rides. Early night tonight - 8 o clock train tomorrow to Stolkholm - Goodbye Copenhagen we loved you!!



- Phil & Alana xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Town hallTown hall
Town hall

Can ya spot Alana tucking into a cheese sandwich?!
Church in ChristianshavnChurch in Christianshavn
Church in Christianshavn

We walked all the way up this on the outside!!


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb