Arrival in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
October 23rd 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0831, 14.4164

Met our guide Marketa at our hotel and planned the activities for the next days. Old and New Town walking tour today.
Decided not to post umpteen pictures of old buildings, but for a few pics that I couldn't resist. (Don't forget to read the captions).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Shopping MallShopping Mall
Shopping Mall

A political plaster sculpture, parodying the disfunctional Czech Parliament. 24 political parties and the communists still have about a 15% following.
ChurchChurch
Church

The unpretentious facades hide some dramatic church interiors (unlike Italy where the main cathedrals have spectacular exteriors).
ChurchChurch
Church

What is Robyn pointing at, you may well ask? See next...
ChurchChurch
Church

A warning to thieves! The butchers guild (under the protection of this church's Saint) cut off the arm of a 15th century vestry thief and hung it up as a warning. Six hundred years later it's still doing its job!


25th October 2013

Great reading and enjoying the photos. Wonder what th tucker is like and the sounds of Prague.
25th October 2013

Aw magnificently beautiful. Just love the architecture of yesteryear. Could just sit and admire all features and be amazed at how they did it. Must watch Pillars.
25th October 2013

Freak! Could do with some of that practice here!
26th October 2013

Local food is interesting. Bread and potato dumplings join the various goulash sauces. They seem to like combining their meats. Yesterday I had a pork steak with a blue cheese dressing, topped with ham and salami. Verra nice!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb