Venture into the Czech Republic


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we took the train and ferry which brought us over to the Czech side of the Saxony region. Some notable differences..... it was not quite as clean as the German side, in Hrensko the Asians had set up shop stalls which looked more like Thailand than Europe and overall prices were alot more reasonable than in Germany...... beer cost $1euro vs $4euros. Our walk for the day took us up up up a very nice trail into the mountains and to the top of one of the sandstone formations. It is always amazing how they can get a restaurant at the top of each of these hiking trails and this one was no exception. The highlight was a natural stone bridge. This was one of the nicest trails we took on our trip. The ascent...although all up hill was gradual enough not to be arduous. It was amazing how many families were also hiking up to spend the day picnicing and exploring the area. The ascent went down the opposite side of the forest through great forest tracks along the side of the mountain. We started out around 9am and ended up around 2pm and decided to take the but back to the ferry to head back to our hotel. Our walk today was about 17km and very pleasant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb