Cesky Krumlov - The Ultimate Chill Town


Advertisement
Published: October 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

There's not a lot to do in Cesky Krumlov, but it is the greatest town ever to just chill out and relax. I can't tell you many people I met here who said they had only planned to be here for a night or two, and had been here four, or eight. The hostel we stayed at has a free keg for their guests every Wednesday night, and wouldn't luck have it, we arrived on a Wednesday. They also had this great big patio with a BBQ. The second night we were there, there was live Bohemian Jazz at the restaurant next door. Sitting on that patio, drinking a Budweiser (the real Budweiser, from nearby Cesky Budjovice, not the American stuff) , BBQing on the grill, listening to the Jazz band, let me tell you, life doesn't get much better.

The weather was great, so Brase and I rented a canoe and floated down the river for a few hours. The guy we rented the canoe from reminded us how far away we were from the US - "Do you want life-jackets? You don't really need them." and then after detach the canoe from the station wagon it was ghetto-rigged to, and setting it on the grass between the car and the river, he asked "Are you experienced?" We nodded. "Ok then, bye." Midway through our journey we paddled up to a riverside cafe for a beer and some sausages, then were on our merry way to float and soak up some more sun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb