Danube River Cruise, Prague Day 1


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
August 18th 2016
Published: August 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Prague Czech RepublicPrague Czech RepublicPrague Czech Republic

City of Prague nicknamed "the City of a Hundred Spires.
Yesterday we had a leisurely day getting ready for our long-awaited Danube River Cruise. We didn't have to be at the airport until 5:00 p.m. so we even had a chance to watch a Netflix movie. Of course we would try to fit one more movie in. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, had something to eat before boarding our flight to Amsterdam where we then transferred to our flight to Prague. All in all I didn't think the flight seemed overly long--I was even able to sleep a few hours.

We arrived in Prague about 1:30 p.m. and met our Gate 1 City Tour Guide where she promptly loaded us into a van that took us to the Hotel Imperial where we met the tour director for Gate 1, Soma (pronounced Shoma). He was a young man from Budapest who was probably in his mid to late 20s. After checking into the hotel Soma took a small group of us on a short orientation walk around the Old Town Square and gave us advice on where to eat, where to exchange currency, etc. Afterwards we went back to our hotel to rest before our 6:00 meeting to learn more of what we could expect for the remainder of the tour. We all introduced ourselves including where we were from and how many Gate 1 tours we had been on. We were surprised that there were 3 couples from Minnesota. Soma answered our questions and then we were free for the rest of the evening. We were pretty tired so we opted for a food court at a local mall that was fairly close to the hotel. We decided on the Old Prague Czech Restaurant for an authentic Czech cuisine. We enjoyed it very much. We strolled leisurely back to the hotel with a quick stop at a supermarket for some bottled water. We have a busy day planned for tomorrow and we are excited to see what the day brings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



18th August 2016

Exciting
How lovely it was to wake up to your blog and to be able to follow your adventures ? Would like to visit Prague. Enjoy xo
19th August 2016

Awesome!
We'll follow you as you cruise! Have a safe and wonderful trip. See you in Bend, OR!
19th August 2016

Aplus
Enjoying this!!
20th August 2016

Joy!
Hooray, the return of the GGand Papa travel blog!!! Looking forward to following the rest of your trip

Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb