Goodbye Prague - Hello Heidelberg


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
December 15th 2014
Published: December 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Prague Days 15-16

Well here we are again, on the DB Ice Bus to Nurnberg onwards to Heidelberg. The landscape is stark, and cold looking, but no snow yet…apparently just not cold enough!! Brrrr, is all I can say, and we have lived in it for 10 years, but have become acclimatised to good old aussie temps! Oh well!

So, our last two days and nights in Prague were great, but could have left a day earlier as we have walked this city over.

Mark and I walked along Charles Bridge one more time, and purchased beautiful photographs from the actual photographer, simply stunning and sum up what we saw beautifully. Will take some pics of them and post if possible.

This is a city of many different faces. Exciting, enticing, stunning & elegant, and yet there is some under tone of newness, of reaching out still from under communist rule and learning the rules of being out from this regime.

Still, what a city, and what a place to come and visit. If you have never been before, you really must come, its will entice you with its beauty, its vibrancy, and a history of ups and downs, and of character of people looking to rise above the past and move forward with its future.

We have had a wonderful time, and the photos I hope will show some of the beauty to be seen. To see with your own eyes is better, yet still, the photos do give you an idea, at least!!



We are off today to Heidelberg! We are briefly stopping in Nuremberg on the way. Yes, were supposed to stop for 3 days in Nurnberg, but having been there for 24 hrs was more than enough. Christmas markets aside, its an industrial city, and still oppressive. Yes, it was a city with many links back to the days of Nazi Regime, and they work that over constantly. After a while, its oppressive and with being an industrial city as well, all become a bit much. The markets (the biggest Christmas markets in Europe) were beautiful, and photos are included here, as are a couple of others from our stop over, but down one ally you saw everything on offer and was repeated over and over in each subsequent ally, so becoming quickly tired of such, we ventured to the closest Starbucks with a lovely group of American ladies, and warmed up with many laughs before heading east to our most recent stop in Prague.





Anyway, Heidelberg!!!! Arriving tonight we probably won’t make it in time for coffee at our favorite coffee house around the corner from our apartment (who knows maybe we will, in which case, we shall both be enjoying a Bailys coffee, red wine & German pizza) and sending this blog. Shall we see????


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Pork knee joint for twoPork knee joint for two
Pork knee joint for two

very yummy indeed!
stroll to Charles Bridge last day in Praguestroll to Charles Bridge last day in Prague
stroll to Charles Bridge last day in Prague

Feeling like a teddy bear, so many layers of clothes on to keep warm...which works minds you! nothing like fresh air on a sunday morning stroll.
last night in Praguelast night in Prague
last night in Prague

We need to go...we are now going loopy doing selfies!


Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb