Meeting Guilietta


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Rovinj
September 5th 2017
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sadly our stay in Budapest has come to an end. We have almost checked off our list of things to do in this amazing historical city, but there is still so much more that we want to see and experience. Still, Croatia calls and we have a long way to go on our Eastern European odyssey. After packing up our gear and thanking the extremely helpful young ladies at our Budapest Apartment, we were collected by the mini bus for transfer to the airport.

We flew to Venice with EasyJet to pick up our Citroen C4 hire car. When we arrived at the counter, our car wasn’t available, so the young lady offered us an Alfa Romeo diesel six speed manual. Do I have to drive an Alfa? Let me think about that for a micro second. You bet!

The drive to Rovinj, our first stop in Croatia, was as smooth as, in the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. We entered Slovenia briefly before crossing the border into Croatia, with passports checked carefully by the Border Guards. As we drove into Rovinj, we were taken back with the vista of the Old Town on an isthmus, right on the edge of the Adriatic Sea, with the Basicilica Tower of the Church of St Euphemia rising above the town. Exactly as we had viewed Rovinj on Google Images except for real.

The apartment we are staying in is owned by a local family, and the entrance to the accommodation is covered by a trellis loaded with Kiwi Fruit. Bikes are free to use anytime, so tomorrow its on your bike.

As we were walking into the town of Rovinj, a five minute walk from our apartment into the Old Town, the sun was setting over the Adriatic and there were scores of people waiting to get the “money shot” of the sunset. We pulled out our cameras, as tourists do, and took some photos of the Old Town with the setting sun in the background. You be the judge.

For dinner we ate at the local Italian, where I again ordered my favourite, vegetarian pizza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb