Chilling in Zadar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Zadar
June 12th 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having sailed in and out of Zadar several times it feels a little like coming home. We are awaiting the arrival of our other four crew members before setting out on unexplored (for us) waters to Pula.

The weather last week was a big improvement over the gales of our first week, yet with enough wind for K to sail every day. We reprovisioned in Trogir and set out for the Kornati Islands, anchoring in scenic, sheltered bays and coves with lots of opportunities for swimming and sunbathing.

We are adjusting to a leisurely pace but there is always entertainment. Yesterday we watched two bright yellow planes scooping up water and water-bombing a small island - for practice we assume. Lat nights sunset was spectacular and, with a winning score of 6-4, K is champion of our nightly cribbage game.

There is no end to the excitement!

Unable to find anywhere to download photos, we are publishing this without because it has been a while since the previous blog and we are alive and well, waiting out a storm in Rab.

Advertisement



21st June 2009

Hi from Calgary
Sounds like you're having an idyllic vacation and far removed from the cares and concerns of life in Canada. I'm enjoying the updates of your travels and am envious of your leisurely pace. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb