Croatia Dreaming


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the beautiful island of Hvar! Croatia is one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been. Quaint cities, huge mountain ranges, beautiful islands, national parks galour...this place has just about everything to offer. Believe it or not, after the most traumatizing boat-ride of our lives, Dave and I boarded another 6-hour ferry to Hvar yesterday morning. Thankfully we found ourselves on a mucb bigger boat which stayed much closer to the shore, offering a much smoother ride (and amazing views). We are staying in a cute little apartment in the same building as a nice group of Austrailians we befriended a few days ago on "the ferry from hell". We were originally in a place up the road, but it was too far from town, and we had a little incident with the stove while cooking our dinner last night and thought it best to move on to new accomodation. I mean, where in the world do they put lids on their stoves? Really. It´s actually been rather cold here, but to Dave and I spent the day on a little mini-island off of Hvar just hanging out in the sun, reading our books, and enjoying one of our many little picnic lunches of self-made sandwiches and fresh fruit. We are now going to head up the big hilll behind town and explore the castle perched up on the top that is supposed to offer up incredible views over the sea. Then we will embark on our new favorite activity...head to the local grocery store to pick up the freshest produce and ingredients we can find and cook ourselves a nice little dinner which we wil enjoy over a bottle of wine on our little balcony. It doesn´t get better than that. Tonight we are going to make our way down to the port with our Aussie friends and check out the Hvar nightlife. I´ve heard our chances of watching the sun come up over the Adriatic are pretty good😊 Starting tomorrow we are planning to get a bit more active. Hvar apparently offers some good rock climbing and rafting. If its not up to par, then we will head inland earlier than planned and explore the national parks.

All in all, I suggest to everyone who has the opportunity, to come to Croatia sooner rather than later....before it truly becomes to touristy (as itś on the verge of heading there).

I hope all is well at home. I miss you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb