Croatia - Week 8


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 5th 2013
Published: July 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 49 – Dubrovnik - Croatia

After our very quick trip to Vienna we moved onto Dubrovnik, Croatia. It was a short 1 hour flight and the views flying in helped us get into a beachy frame of mind. The islands were gorgeous and the water crystal blue. We’re staying in Old Town Dubrovnik which is really cool. It’s surrounded by a massive wall and no cars are allowed inside. We had to drag our suitcases through the cobbled streets and alleyways to get to our accommodation. We were lucky we didn’t get lost with all the laneways leading in different directions. We had a cocktail, late lunch and gelato while exploring the town. From our room we only have to walk a few steps to get to the water. There’s no beach there but everyone just sun-bakes and jumps from the rocks. Very Mediterranean. Might try that tomorrow.



<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 50 – Dubrovnik

How good does Day 50 sound? 50 days of travelling so far. Crazy. It’s going faster and faster each day. Croatia is also my 15th country and probably one of my favourites already. Today we walked to the closest beach and had a bit of a swim. It was a small beach but with lovely views of Old Town and the ocean. It was a recharging type day for me. Lying about, reading and napping. Tough life I have at the moment. Tomorrow we’re gonna get out and be a bit more touristy before we have to move on again.



<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 51 – Dubrovnik

Today we climbed the Old Town wall. You can tell we’ve been a bit lazy lately because we had to have a break after just climbing the first lot of steps. It took us about an hour to get around the whole wall but you get some lovely views along the way. We then headed up the hill in the cable car to get the best views of Dubrovnik from the top. We had lunch up there and nearly got blown away. Later on we did a bit of shopping, more gelato, dinner and I had an amazing crepe for dessert. Mmmhmm. Nice way to end our stay in Old Town.





<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 52 – Split

We got ourselves to Split today via a bus. It took about 4 and a half hours but it went surprisingly fast. I had a blow-out on my gorgeous new suitcase. It now hobbles around on 3 wheels and makes it impossible to get around. I should just buy a new one but I LOVE the design on this one and don’t want to give it up just yet. Probably give me a week and I’ll be ready to throw it off a bridge or something. Split is full of young people and is quite busy. It seems like it might be the party town of Croatia. We had a look through the shops and got a takeaway mojito. We saw the yachts in the marina that we will be getting on tomorrow. Exciting times ahead.



<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 53 - Sesula

We had another look through the shops this morning before heading to the marina to board our YACHT!!! Our boat is called Lee Loo and we love it already. Our room couldn’t possibly get any smaller though. My suitcase has to live on the dining chairs and Mon’s spends the day on the bed and can only be moved to the floor once we have decided to go to sleep because it blocks the door. Our bed is a triangle shape and on a lean so it’s interesting. We have an awesome group of people on the boat. There’s Josh, our skipper, who’s only 23 and British. We have Nick and Georgia from Sydney, Hannah and Greg from England/Northern Ireland, and Jen and Grey from New Zealand. We got on great from the get go and I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. We had an amazing dinner at Sesula and we followed it up with drinks and dancing on our boat. All the boats were docked right next to each other so we kept getting visitors coming over from other yachts because we were the party boat. Hell Yeah! Good start to the journey.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 54 – Stari Grad

We’re starting to get used to the boat more and more. I kept in the shade today and just enjoyed the ride. It’s so lovely and peaceful on the water and I’m already wondering how I can get my own yacht, hehe. Stari Grad is a sleepy old town. We went with our group to a winery and had some wine tasting and nibbles. The Croatian way to do wine tasting is they give you a whole glass to taste… x 4. Very generous with their wine. We had another awesome dinner in town. Man these people can cook!

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 55 – Hvar

I got to help sail today. Woohoo! I finally touched a rope, haha. We had to get the head sail out and practice moving it from side to side depending on the wind. Very exciting… for me it was anyway. I have also found a musical kindred spirit in Hannah. We sat on the bow of the boat all morning singing tunes from Wicked. I got a bit of sun today and we found a beautiful beach which served cocktails in a big carafe with really long straws. Hvar is kind of a party town and it just happens to be yacht week this week as well so there are heaps of other crazy yacht groups. We got fancied up and headed to Hvar’s main town for dinner. Our group just sticks together which I think is awesome. We enjoy each other’s company too much. We ate, drank and danced the night away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb