Day 95: Heading to Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
August 1st 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up and had another amazing morning swim. The boat anchored in a small bay close to Dubrovnik and we jumped off and lazed about on our lilos. After our swim we had lunch on the boat and then we arrived in Dubrovnik shortly after. We all caught a bus together into the city and it was the hottest, most cramped bus experience we have had yet. Luckily it was only about 10 minutes! We walked in the gate to the city and had an icecream from this cool place where the waiters could throw the icecream scoop up and catch it in the cone.

We spent the next couple of hours exploring Dubrovnik, swimming at East-West Beach (which was a pebbled beach, not sandy) and buying some souvenirs. We visited a bar which was on the side of a cliff, so basically carved into the stone. We took some cool photos, but were careful not to go too close to the edge because a year ago that day a girl from the same tour as us had fallen from those rocks and been in an induced coma afterwards. We met up with the rest of our tour group at 4pm and went on a walking tour on top of the walls of the city. We learnt a bit of history about Croatia and Serbia and why they don’t really get along! It was pretty interesting. After we finished walking we headed back to the boat to get ready to go out. We caught the hot sweaty bus again back into the town and went to a really nice restaurant overlooking the water. I had vegetable risotto, which was soo good because I hadn’t had risotto for ages, and Rach had chicken kebabs. After dinner we went to a club which served cocktails literally by the bucket! We shared one, and it was pretty nice, but the club was so busy and cramped that we piked pretty early and went back to the boat to go to bed!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DSCF1400DSCF1400
DSCF1400

cocktails out of a bucket!!
P1000197P1000197
P1000197

there is an old story that if you can kiss this wall you will marry a Dubrovnikan!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb