Amazing Race starts now.....


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 15th 2006
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day in Dubrovnik, so sad we have to leave Danka and Marija so soon, wish i could stay here forever. As we are taking the afternoon flight, we decided to just laze around in the house, and pack our stuff. We need to reserve energy for the amazing race this afternoon, you see.

The travelling schedule for today is pretty tight. We had booked our airtickets (Croatia Airline) a month ago, as the morning tickets were already fully booked, that leaves us with only the 4.20pm flight from Dubrovnik to Zagreb. By the way, the air ticket was really cheap, it cost less than 30 Euro per person for a one hour flight. Its definitely better than taking a 12 hour bus from Dubrovnik to Zagreb.

The shuttle bus from where Danka´s apartment is, leaves at 1.40pm. We have to catch the Dubrovnik airport bus at the Gruz bus terminal which leaves at 1.50pm. We had wanted to walk down the steps to the bus terminal, but carrying a bulky backpack down 250 steps downhill is not fun, so we decided to take the risk and wait for the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus came and dropped us at the terminal just in time for us to hop on the airport bus. We then took the plane which left promptly at 4.20pm and reached Zagreb at 5.10pm.

The airport bus at Zagreb airport only comes every 30 min, and the journey to Zagreb bus terminal is 25 min. So we were praying very hard that we can collect our luggage quickly and hop on the airport bus at 5.30pm. After waiting for 10 min, our backpacks dutifully appeared on the belt (here is the reason why i love Croatia Airline better than Air France) and we managed to catch the airport bus at 5.30pm. It reached Zagreb at 5.55pm.

Now you must be wondering why are we rushing like mad ? Because.....we need to catch the train from Zagreb to Ljubljana at 6.10pm. If we miss that train, we would have to wait for the next one which leaves at 9.10pm and only reach Ljubljana at 11.30pm. Who would want to arrive in a strange city at midnight, certainly not me.....

But luck was not with us, the distance between the Zagreb bus terminal and the train station is 3 to 4 tram stops and the time starts ticking away at 6pm. With only 10 min to spare, we asked a cab to drive us there, but the stupid cabby demanded a hefty 70 Kn (100 Kn is SGD 28) for a 3 min drive. We took the tram instead, by the time we reached the train station, it is 6.20pm, so there goes our train, we are destined to reach Ljubljana at midnight !!!












Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb