Beautiful Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 (of the cruise)
Sitting back during the past few weeks and thinking about each of the ports of call on this adventure, I formed an image of Dubrovnik, encouraged by my reading and the internet images I'd seen, and knew I would be very pleased after the visit to the town.

Pleased? I was absolutely enthralled!!

We paid for some personal service from a local guide and it was well worthing the very big price. A driver, Mato, and our guide, a young woman who has lived all her life in Dubrovnik and just completed a university degree. Jasna took us south along the coast to look at the coastal towns. She and Mato showed us a fantastic panoramic view of Dubrovnik town and then walked us around the streets of the walled town describing the history etc of the many old buildings. What we saw impressed us greatly but it's only 13 years ago since the bombing of the town by the Bosnian Serbs damaged many of the buildings, mainly the roofs. But with international help they quickly rebuilt and it's hard to see where the damage was.

The memory of Dubrovnik will stay the rest of our lives. We're so glad we got to come here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Walk on the WallWalk on the Wall
Walk on the Wall

After climbing many sets of of steep steps we got to enjoy the great views down over the roofs of the town


Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb