Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dub 2Dub 2Dub 2

Arrival
Up with the squirrels and off to Gatwick!
A maze of tubes and trains masterfully conquered by our intrepid travellers and then off over France and Austria, down the Adriatic coast for a touchdown at Dubrovnik.

Initial concerns at the lack of a map, and the total lack of assistance by the Sixt rental outlet to even show us where our car was hiding (eventually we caught it after taking our trundell bags down the main highway) led to total disaster, mayhem and trauma, (on my part) trying to come to grips with a manual transmission in a right-hand drive Skoda in Dubrovnik rush hour.

Needless to say, we got hopelessly lost, and I got hopelessly hopeless.
After 3 hours, we managed to travel the required 44 kms to our new home, Apartments Stankovich.

Fortunately our evening experience was much better with Dubrovnik turning on a lovely night with the city lit up with thousands of lights which glowed off the marble streets.
Just the ticket for enjoying an icecream in the warm summer evening humidity.

Whatever happens to you in your life, you absolutely must come to Dubrovnik, or it will be a life wasted. It
Dub 1Dub 1Dub 1

Main Street
is a fairytale that I will never be able to adequately explain in words.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Dub 3Dub 3
Dub 3

Bong loves Beer almost as much as Dubrovnik
Dub 4Dub 4
Dub 4

Boring Old Church
Dub 5Dub 5
Dub 5

I suppose I better try and keep up with Bing
Dub 6Dub 6
Dub 6

Are you having Fun Bing?


5th September 2007

Because I like reading comments by other people
Dubrovnik is now officially on my list of places I want to go. It looks all golden and magical like early Hogwarts before new directors decided to go all dark and edgy. We like dark and edgy for a movie, but prefer golden and magical for a holiday destination. I enjoyed your getting lost and hopelessly hopeless story, Bobe.
5th September 2007

Meh.
Meeeeeh.
5th September 2007

Looks good
No matter how much time it takes to find the hotel, it is vastly superior to working. I think that is worth remembering.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb