Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
August 28th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Awesome Croatia

Next day it is absolutely scorching and we head to Dubrovnik, Croatia, for the day. After waiting at the border for over an hour, we finally arrive! This place is absolutely amazing, the coast is absolutely beautiful and the town of Dubrovnik ‘the jewel of the Adriatic’ itself is all within Ancient City Walls. I definetley would like to head back to this town for some summer relaxation. The town itself is really cool, we wonder around and walk up on the city walls for a fantastic view, and have the yummiest lunch ever! I had oven-baked squid with roasted potatoes and it was divine! They have their very own Haviana shop, and I did happen to purchase my very own pair of Croatian Haviana’s, there cool! We also manage to fit in awesome gelati before leaving and heading back to Montenegro for the night. I don’t wanna leave!!!

Back in Montenegro we wonder around town, have some dinner and a few quite drinks.

Next day we leave Monty again and head toward Zadar, Croatia, on the way we also stop at Split. This is also a cool town, we have a few hours to wonder around. To my disgust we spend around half an hour within a topshop store (where you can find one anywhere in the uk) because Bahti & Kate decided they needed another top, or Kate decided she needed many new tops. As you can see from the photos I was really happy about using my precious Split time in a Topshop %!)(MISSING) You can’t go to Split and not have a banana split right? They were huge! Back on the bus, we get to Zadar quite late, check into the hostel and head into town for a late dinner. I was quite disappointed that we didn’t get any more time in Zadar, it was quite late and we spent half of our time trying to navigate ourselves around the town. A big group of us found a place for dinner which was nice but took a long time to get served, we decided against getting the bus home and we wondered around town for a bit longer and had a few drinks and then walked a mile home, without getting lost though!

Next up Slovenia & Venice (back to Italy Page) or follow onto Extreme Austria!



Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Split SupermarketSplit Supermarket
Split Supermarket

Is that Rabbit or Cabbage?
Split SupermarketSplit Supermarket
Split Supermarket

Is that Rabbit or Cabbage?
Bahti & Kate Shopping in SplitBahti & Kate Shopping in Split
Bahti & Kate Shopping in Split

Yep... all the way to Croatia to shop in Topshop :-/
Me - grumy waiting for topshop shoppers!!Me - grumy waiting for topshop shoppers!!
Me - grumy waiting for topshop shoppers!!

Yep... all the way to Croatia to shop in Topshop :-/


Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb