Plitvice Lake


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We went to the Plitvice Lake National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site 2.5 hrs away by bus from Zagreb. Plitvice is so beautiful, it is like a picture out of a fairy tale. We paid 85 Kuna each (24 SGD) and it includes free shuttle bus and free boat ride.

The weather is nice and breezy and we embark on a suggested route round the park which should take us 3-4 hours but in the end it took us 4-5 hrs. The park is so big (there are 16 small lakes) that if you did not invest in a map of the trails round the park, you risk getting lost, which is what happened to us. It is like a labyrinth, we followed the signs but it only led us to the ferry we want to take after 2 hours of walking. We dont mind the walking though, it is very picturesque, very breathtaking, just like a scene of chinese poet Tao Yuan MingĀ“s Plum Blossom. The park is very well-maintained, and has many walking tracks where you can see beautiful lakes, waterfalls and lush greenery. If there you have only one day to spend in Croatia, this is THE PLACE to go. We started at 12 plus and finished at 5 pm.

Tomorow will be our last day in Zagreb, and we intend to make a day-trip to Varazdin (up north near budapest), come back in the evening and take a night train down to Split. The sleeper train costs more than 300 kuna each, which is more than 60 USD. So in the end, we decided to reserve just sitting tickets, which is actually one-third of the sleeper bed price. A long 9 hour train journey to endure tomoro nite......


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



6th May 2006

Pay attention to details...
Hmmm, the photographer needs to be more careful - why are some of the shots slanted and cropped from the top? Such as the Zagreb Train station, and the waterfall...

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb