back in Turnovo!


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

so yea, this entry will be pretty short, but i'll do a brief summary of things.

so saturday night kasia and i met up with colin, who was back in sofia. we went out for ice cream, and then had a rather amusing experience going to a kebab stand where like 8 really ugly bulgarian drag queens were eating.

sunday morning we pretty much chilled and packed, and before i knew it kasia was headed for home. its weird not having her here anymore, but the stuff in turnovo is keeping me pretty occupied for now.

colin and i headed to turnovo together via bus and took a cab to the university, where we registered. by the end of the night we had seen the other 5 BC kids as well as professor dakova. it was pretty weird, but obviously cool.

the next morning was our placement test, and i ended up in B-1, which is like intermediate and really hard for me, but i think i'm going to stick with it. most of my classmates are in A2, which is the level just below. the hardest thing is just understanding, because i'm still not used to hearding rapid-fire bulgarian, though i'm sure this experience will help tremendously. there are kids in my class who have studied for up to 3 years, so only having studied it for 1 makes it a tad bit more difficult for me.

after the placement test, boring speeches, and stuff we headed to the city for a bit and then came back for this little cocktail party, which pretty much became a huge shitshow considering we all pregamed and there was a small free open bar when we got there. it was a pretty awesome time, though i'm not sure if i made the "best" impression on everyone, haha. oh well, let the good times roll.

we have a nice big pool at our hotel so we spent the afternoon there after classes. its really hot here so that was nice. the pool also has a bar, which is awesome. then it was off to the city to look for clothes and after this internet place we're gonna grab some dinner.

Advertisement



4th August 2006

only 23 days..:)
:)

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb