Goodbye Roland and don't feed the cats


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » South » Mostar
September 29th 2006
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Outside the touristy bitOutside the touristy bitOutside the touristy bit

Step outside the oldtown and all the buildings look like this
Last day with Roland unless we go back with him to Dubrovnik, we have 2 other options, Sarajevo or on to Montenegro as planned for our second week. I like to play things by ear, if we don't get up by 5am Dubrovnik is out.

The bar is still empty, see same photo and imagine it a bit later.

Went to eat on the Muslim side (it is only fair). Way too much food again so I fed a kitten, another came, and Roland said it was only fair to feed the other also, big mistake. It decided as kittens do, to jump up and grab my hand, hopefully I don't catch anything.

There are 2 main bars where we ate, both outside next to each other playing v.load music, we seemed to be the only ones drinking beers, it was either the fact they were either Muslim with Ramadan et al or underage. We moved on.

The terrace bar was empty, only 4 other folks and 3 bar staff, had a couple of cocktails and the staff said the club in the basement was good so we went down with them when the terrace closed at
Do people not drink around here?Do people not drink around here?Do people not drink around here?

Yes I know, but we are not the only tourists in town. Maybe we are actually, it is mostly the older generation on day trips that we've seen so far in terms of tourists
~11:30. It was rubbish, so we left to follow the lights. Another club outside of the old town shone lights into the sky; we headed in the general direction. We reached some bars that were rammed, went in, had a beer with 2 guys who were fans of the English; we talked briefly about football before heading across the road to the Discotheque. Maybe we paid to get in, then I was on the Vodka Redbull, bigger shots than the UK and I usually have doubles.

We left the club and just walked, stumbled across a bar that you had to knock to get let in, strange thing there were only guys in there, what type of place is this? and why did people disappear through a door then not come back. We had a beer and then left. More walking until we recognized a church, didn't help as we didn't know where our digs was in relation. We climbed up the bank to the dual carriageway and ran across, no cars though as it was late, maybe between 3am and 4:30 not sure.



Advertisement



19th October 2006

Au Revoir!
Haha - sounds like you should've gone to bed. At this point I had already gone back to the accommodation for a very early start back to Dubrovnik (as I only had 1 week in Croatia, unlike John and Jules). I think the room was haunted (quite feasible!) as there were weird creaks all night, but I managed to drift off in the end. I left the boys snoring soundly at 6pm to walk to the bus station - goodbye Bosnia!!

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb