Bosnia


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » North
June 2nd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to make a side trip to Bosnia. We took the crossing into the Serbian part of Bosnia. The bridge right after the border still shows thread marks from the tanks crossing it. It is the only way to cross and it shows the signs of wear and tear.
You can see the language difference. There are J's added everywhere. Djeca prelaze ulicu, instead of Deca prelaze ulicu...
After about an hour drive we arrived to Bijeljina

We met up with 6 other guys from Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Canada and proceeded to a place that was build for a movie but continued to be used a restaurant. It is quite amazing. It is called Etno village. It is small self contained village with log cabins, man made lakes, bridges and even a castle and stone buildings. The lakes are also a home to 2 pairs of white and 1 pair of black swans.

We had most amazing sour beef soup (Govedja corba) and lamb and beef slow cook over potatoes with Greek type salad.
Of course all of this was well followed with local white vine.
What a great place to have dinner...All this was followed with a visit to a local disco (night club), where the folk music was blasting and girls in mini skirts and other types of skimpy outfits were displaying their amazing bodies and beautiful faces.

After a night of partying we retired to a hotel where we summoned the owner himself so that we can negotiate a better rate for our rooms.
After we came to an agreement, we all sat down, (owner included) and had more drinks ...Once the drunken conversation turned to politics (around 5 am) I took my leave and went to bed.

Needless to say, the next day (few hours later) we got up to a huge breakfast with local fresh eggs, ham, cheese, etc

We got back into our vehicles and everyone returned to their original point of origin after a most successful night of excitement and fun.

Once back in Serbia, my friend Srdjan had to go to a wedding (yet another party), and I declined an offer to join him, as we just have returned from a night of partying.

I spent the day relaxing and visiting my friend Milan. I had a nice chat with his mom, who is a retired professional ballet dancer. We discussed everything from diet, local politics, war times, nato bombings, and concluding the conversation with her suggesting that she needs to find me a nice Serbian girl.

We took it easy that night and just took a walk around the Danube walk way which is littered with floating night clubs. Young girls and guys were out on a prowl and tons of people around us were decked out for the Saturday night activities.
It was entertaining to watch all the young girls gracefully walk on high heal shoes, and dance to blasting folk music.

It was a somewhat early night with return home back at 2 am.
...and here i am 5 hours later...

Why can't I sleep any longer...

Yet another Rooster crow woke me up ....




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Etno seloEtno selo
Etno selo

Etno Village
Farm landFarm land
Farm land

farm land driving back to Belgrade from Bosnia
castlecastle
castle

etno village castle
party timeparty time
party time

party time in Bosnia
welcomewelcome
welcome

welcome to Serbia
friends in bosniafriends in bosnia
friends in bosnia

friends in bosnia


3rd June 2007

Awsome
Thats what is so great about Europe. You could just go see another country and culture at the drop of a dime. Everything is so close. Good for you!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb