Back on the map


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Oostende
May 4th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We travelled back for our night in Oostend after our relaxing beach getaway. Oostend is at least in the guidebook....

It definitely has more people, and more young people, which is neat. But we're only in town for the night, and we're q bit beached out, so we just walked around.

And played a round of mini)golf. I managed to beat Neil (for the first time at anything golf related) 52-58 thanks to a waterhazard that he couldn't seem to get passed... There was a group of people ahead of us about our age that played like they'd never held a club or a stick before in their entire lives. I wonder if that's a common trait of football-centric nations?

Well, we leave Belgium tomorrow to meet Amy in Paris, so I'd might as well male some final reflections on Belgium.

Belgium's green. Very green. The people are nice, the chocolate is great, and the beer is even better. Oh, and the random beaches are pretty decent....

It's strange, but there seems to be a severe lack of public garbage cans. We had to walk a long way to find one sometimes, and then it was likely to be full. But the country is still very clean.... How?

Ok, that's it for now. I'm still behind on blogs, but I'll try to catch up. I also need to post some pictures, so stay tuned.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The MarinaThe Marina
The Marina

Early in the morning.
Ultimate MinigolfUltimate Minigolf
Ultimate Minigolf

Yes, that actually is a jump. I think Neil shot a 14 on this hole.


12th May 2008

Mmmmm, chocolate
If there is chocolate it must be a great country. It's great reading about your travles. Sounds like fun and little bit like the canoe trip. Waiting for the pictures and more adventures, love the other Mom.
13th May 2008

Uhmm
More please. Where are you? And also, I remember having that garbage problem in England. You could walk for miles and not find a "bin". Someone told me that is was because they didn't want people to be planing "bin bombs." On that morbid note, I hope you guys are having a great time.

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb