Week 30 - Hony training day, Maastricht


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant
September 13th 2012
Published: September 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

25/08/2012

Today was the training day of all the ‘oldies’, in preparation of the newie weekend starting on the 30th, in which over 60 new students in our district here in Belgium will voyage from all over the place to collaborate in Brussels, where for the weekend, they’ll be learning the in’s and out’s of having the privilege of doing once of the most rewarding and interesting things they’ll do in their life, a rotary gap year. We met up in ‘Hony’, a village about 20 mins car ride out of Liege. There we watched a presentation basically talking about new changes in and around rotary rules and regulations, and how to better prepare for and educate the new students in the best way possible. After this we went for a walking tour of Liege, and had a beer with the Rotarians while we had a bit of a rest (the tour was 2 hours long).

26/08/2012

Today, because there wasn’t a lot going on in Verviers today, a group of us decided to get away for a bit and head off to Maastricht for the day. We found some amazing places to eat, and basically spent the amazing sunny day we had talking about the months to come and what we had in store for us in the future.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb