Week 26 - Francofolies


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant
August 7th 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The pins.The pins.The pins.

One of the free things you could get at the festival. First a photo was taken, then they'd make either a mirror or a badge with it. The one on the left is a mirror with Wyn and Christelle, the one on the right a badge with myself and Lauren
18-22/7/2012

Ready to hit up the 5 day music festival called Francofolies !. This festival was one of the most well-known in Belgium, because the majority of the acts sang in French, and are all decently well-known, the ambience was unlike anything I’d seen before. The whole town literally became a festival, and every bar had live acts and was just jam-packed full of people. We would head down around 1 every day and get a late lunch, and then wander into the festival and check out whatever was on. The highlight of the whole festival for me was finding out about a band called ‘Shaka Ponk’. They’re kind of like the Gorillaz in a way, but with the catchiness that had be playing their whole album non-stop on Spotify the day I got back home after the festival. Other awesome acts were Skip The Use, Hollywood Porn Stars, Vegas and Pony Pony Run Run. But it was just a top festival, the ambience was incredible. We also got these cool as pins made of me and Lauren, to chuck on our blazers to keep as a memory of this weekend. But we’d basically end up eating and getting beer from her families place, then meet up with her friends each day and just live it up. After the festival each night, town would be pumping, and we’d get amongst the fun at the local night club ‘Lido’, that apart from having to pay for the toilets, was a sweet place. This same routine continued over 5 days, with some mornings going back to my place to restock on clothes and money. But an awesome event that I’m totally jealous we don’t have in New Zealand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb