26th Aug - La Roche en Ardenne


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Luxembourg » La Roche-en-Ardenne
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ferris WheelFerris WheelFerris Wheel

We wanted to go on this the previous night - but yeah, the parking is a bit of a nightmare to say the least!
Howdy from Belgium this time.
Today I didn’t see any Ferraris so no Ferrari photos for you. You will just have to be happy with my usual buildings and scenery pictures. Sorry.

This morning after I finally managed to coax Monique out of bed by dismantling the tent around her, (she has gotten her hands on a book) we had a bit of a wander around Luxemburg city. We managed to find a car park along a one way street which I reversed the entire way up to get to. We were looking for parking buildings previously but that wasn’t working out so very well as there’s one sign stating that there’s one down a particular street and then nothing else. So you only realize where they are (a small ramp disappearing under a building and usually totally unmarked) as you are driving merrily past, usually in the wrong lane to get to it. Anyway, we got to this street car park and managed to parallel park my car with the steering wheel on the wrong side. After a bit of a wander around the city centre and taking some pictures (which you are no doubt oohing and ahhing over) we filled the car with petrol (because it’s at least 22 cents per litre cheaper in Luxemburg than the rest of Western Europe) and drove to Belgium.

So now we are at this camping ground in a quaint little town, in a valley with a few rivers and a castle, called La Roche-En-Ardenne. (Try saying that fast 10 times!! But only if you’re really bored or have no life). Anyhoo, we digress yet again. The town is a holiday destination (a bit like Hanmer Springs in NZ) and is a hive of activity. Kayaking and mountain biking look like they fairly popular here. Monique and I went up to the castle ruins for a look and wandered down the main street past all the shops. We walked past shops selling clothes, shoes, jewellery, hand bags and souvenirs and Monique didn’t so much as bat an eyelid, but then we came to this bakery and she was up to the window drawling away. What a girl!!

So now we are back at the camping ground by a stream cooking dinner. This is our last night camping as tomorrow we will drive back to The Netherlands to Aunty Margreth and uncle Albert’s to clean their tent as it’s looking a tad shabby.

Ok, wonderfull.

That’s it for today.

You can go back to looking at Trademe again now if you want.

Bye.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb