Provincaal Park


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Flemish Brabant » Leuven
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WOW!

This is the most amazing park I have been to. It is very reminiscent of Look Park in Northampton, MA, but much bigger and with the best play structures around. Zoe and Henry picked us up at about 3 and we smooshed into their car and drove about 15 minutes to get there. The first play area we went to have all sorts of mechanical "diggers" to lift sand into steel buckets that could be pushed around the area on a series of metal bars. There were structures to climb in that also had mechanical pulleys etc to lift and move the sand. Jonathan would love it here!

The next area we went to had a few large wooden climbing structures with really long, windy slides. There were a few extra large spider's webs for climbing in also. And behind it was the largest slide I have ever seen. It had to have been at least two stories tall and a tunnel slide to boot! The pictures just don't do it justice! Eliza and I climbed all the way to the top and screamed (with joy) for about two minutes on the way down.

We passed by a HUGE pool with a water slide and bridges. Next to it was a large wading pool for smaller children. There were little motor boats to rent on a few of the lakes. There was also mini golf and mini cars to drive on a track. The next play area was spread over an area the size of a football field. There was an area geared more for toddlers, and three other ones for older kids. Eliza and Henry did a great job keeping up with the big girls though and climbing up all sorts of nooks and crannies to get to the slides. And they had no fear about going down by themselves. Finally there was an amazing ropes course all set up. Emma had a blast on this. She climbed up a cargo net tunnel to a club house then made her way through a series of nets to a few more challenging places. One place had her holding on to a rope with each hand while balancing on one rope. Another place had her going across a rope while holding on to one parallel to it and the ground. All of this was done about 8 feet in the air! It was so neat.

AND it was free. The pool apparently is 2.50 euros for the day in the summer. I know where we will be on nice days in July and August!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ropes CourseRopes Course
Ropes Course

Cargo nets and ropes abound; Emma is scaling up one of them in the photo.
The kidsThe kids
The kids

Abigail, Henry and Emma after a hard afternoon of fun.


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb