Around Town


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Flemish Brabant » Leuven
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Town HallTown HallTown Hall

photo by Emma
Everyone slept until 10:30 this morning. It could have been a lazy morning except that we needed to get to the town hall to begin the process of registering ourselves as temporary citizens of Leuven. Hustled everyone out the door and went and had more passport pictures taken (that is about a total of 20 for Jonathan for everything he has had to do over the past few months). The town hall went smoothly as we only had to wait a short time and then basically they told us to come back after the police had done their surprise inspection to prove we were living where we said we were.

After that we went to St. Peter’s Church with the girls. They were each mesmerized in their own way. Emma loves the stained glass windows and took lots of pictures. Abigail loves the graves in the floor and often wonders if the people died in the church and why do we have churches anyways (I said it is because some people like to believe in God and they think building big churches will get them closer to him). Eliza likes pointing out the little cherubs and yelling “baby”.

We went home and had lunch with Jonathan before he took off for work. Eliza had a short nap and Emma and Abigail worked on the Rosetta Stone cd to learn some Dutch. After we all had some computer time Eliza woke up and we went to the playground. On our way home we found a secret path with an algae infested pond. But what was cool was that it brought us out on a different part of the street and Emma still could figure out where we needed to go. She has a great sense of direction.

We had pasta and salad for dinner and then walked to the center of town and got the kids an ice cream. A lazy evening of wine and relaxing is our plan this evening. No TV (there is one but at this time of year the only thing we wish to be watching is the Red Sox  ), but we are enjoying each other’s company immensely!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Window on buildingWindow on building
Window on building

photo by Emma


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb