We went to the dragon city


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » East Flanders » Gent
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Old TownOld TownOld Town

Buildings along the harbor.
Allright so we drove from Brussels to Ghent. Once we arrived, we visited the tourist center and then went into St. Bavo's Cathedral. We saw the famous Lamb of God painting by the Van Eycke brothers. We went down into the Crypt. They had old Bishop's robes down there. It was odd seeing so many people buried in the church. It was beautiful though. I enjoyed walking through. They had neat statues and things and paintings to look at. I left there and saw the square with a neat fountain. We grabbed some hot chocolate and then took a horse and carriage ride through the city. It was pretty. They had several old buildings including an old fish market, a butcher's hall, a freemason's guild house, a tax house, and the belfry tower.

We stopped for breakfast and had our very first Belgian Waffles with cream and sugar. I had a vanilla milkshake too. It was the first big glass of anything I have ever seen in Europe. It was great and we found a comic bookstore. They have some neat stuff in Ghent. We took pictures there too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb