Our second wedding!!!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » East Flanders » Gent
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

And again a great party!!! We still feel so excited and happy, it is great to have a group of friends and family around us, that supports our decision of making a future together! Thanks to all of you!!
March 30 2007 was a special day, a beautiful day, and we were lucky to have the sun with us! And after a tasty brunch with the family, and some hours of getting dressed, putting make-up, spoil ourselves, finally we could go to the town hall, were the mayor was waiting for us! And, honestly, that was a bit a strange feeling there. Everything so official, Kalu and I were not prepared for that! But only 15 minutes later, we could say “Yes, I do” to each other, give the rings, and a big kiss, and we totally relaxed!
Picture time in the park of Destelbergen, and than with the whole family to the place to be!
A great dinner with uncles, aunts, grandparents, and close family. And of course our 2 witnesses, who also signed our wedding papers (like the best man in the US). Lien and Sam, dhanjabath!!
Finally the dance-part…most of the friends came and everyone had a lot of fun!! After showing the movie from our wedding in Nepal, a big desert buffet, people danced for hours and hours!
It is hard to write down the feelings we had, but just like the wedding in Nepal, we had such a warm feeling inside! Kalu and I feel very lucky to get all these chances, to get such a great support around us, to have such a wonderful families who care about us! Soon we are leaving to the USA, and it will be hard to leave everyone here, and to be again further away from our family in Nepal! But it is a special year for us, and it will be great to see our friends again in Colorado, to enjoy the outdoor life again. And of course, we talk, dream, and hope to hear a lot from our homes, Nepal and Belgium!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th April 2007

hartelijk dank
Beste Leen en Kalu,hartelijk dank voor de heerlijke dag en grandiose feest.Ik vind het ook heerlijk om via jullie travelblog steeds jullie avonturen en leven te kunnen volgen. Ik ben nu al benieuwd naar jullie beelden uit Colorado.Veel groeten en geluk van je tante en meter!! Magda
13th April 2007

Wow!!
Great stuff! I remember reading about your Nepali wedding a while back, and I just stumbled upon this update! Best of everything in your new lives in Colorado (beautiful state! Almost scrashed driving through the mtns as I was mesmerized by the beauty of it all).

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb