Day 50


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Off to Belgium for our last stop before London.

Nearly missed the train, as we went to the train station, but our ticket was from the airport.

As the ticket is written in German, just assumed it was leaving from the train station, which it was, but twenty minutes earlier than the time on our ticket. Lucky Michelle picked up on it otherwise that would have been our first drama.

Arrived at Brussels mid arvo and went for a walk around the busy streets.

Feels like you are back in France as most are speaking French and the cafes look to have simalar street presence.

Walking around we discover Brussels will be about three main things. Beer, chocolate and the tiny statue known as the pissing boy.

As this little boy is everywhere in shops, we walk past the little two foot high fountain to have a look.

The Belgiums have made every possible tourist thing imaginable from this little statue.

I learn that whenever Heads of States from other countries visit, it is tradition to bring some of your countries clothes for the little boy. They have about 240 outfits in a museum, which we will try and find later in the week.

They also have a clothes changing ceremony and dress him up once a week.

The main square is called Grand Place so we have a look through there also.

Returned home and out for a nice tea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb