By train to Poland: Leeds to Białystok I


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
April 29th 2005
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kings CrossKings CrossKings Cross

First 180 miles, London Kings Cross
One of the longer train journeys: Leeds, Northern England, to Białystok, North East Poland.

We left at 8am and travelled down to London Kings Cross. The train journey down to London was a smooth relaxing journey, south across the plains of Eastern England. Actually most of this journey is across the plains, really. In future the journey will be easier when trains to Europe will leave from here. From now we have to go via the Underground to Waterloo.

The Eurostar trip was not as quiet as we expected - there was a group of guys from the west of England on the p*ss on their way to Antwerp, it was like having tanked up Wurzels on tour. (English reference)

We had a break at Brussels, strolling around the immigrant quarter near Midi station. We found a fine African cafe with a nice ambience. After a stroll, good fortune provided us with a patisserie which provided us with Belgian chocolates and some fine pastries for the journey.

We got a warm welcome on the Polish sleeping car. I have to recommend this as a way of travelling to Poland, even if we did splash out on the
African café, BrusselsAfrican café, BrusselsAfrican café, Brussels

African café, Brussels. Fine spot if you have an hour or two near Brussels Midi station.
luxury cabin on the journey out!

Map of Polish Spring 2005 Tour


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Shower cabinShower cabin
Shower cabin

Shower cabin in our sleeping compartment,on the Brussels - Warsaw night train, Jan Kiepura.


Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 130; dbt: 0.1708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb